The Major in Fashion and Luxury Business, held in Milan and Amsterdam, focuses on the transfer of knowledge of both fashion and luxury industries, as well as developing a business-like approach to these fields.
Students develop an understanding of management techniques of fashion and luxury firms, while focusing on the strategies, management and business actions required to support their future career.
The programme enables graduates to start career paths in a wide range of organisations both in fashion and luxury industries. Furthermore, the international environment gives students further opportunities to expand their knowledge and skills.
The Major in Fashion and Luxury Business transforms classrooms in meeting spaces between top professionals in the industries and students. Influential guest speakers provide candidates with quality professional experiences, technical notions and compelling case studies to draw inspiration from. Students are shown a 360° vision of the fashion and luxury business scenes. Students furthermore are presented with explanations of career paths within the industries to inspire and direct candidates to the areas best suited to their inclinations and capacities.
Through the programme, students:
- understand the operating mechanisms in fashion and luxury firms
- comprehend corporate and business strategies
- study how to manage a product portfolio
- learn to analyse retail channels
- become proficient with communication and image tools and techniques
- discover modern key roles operating
The programme puts students on career paths in a wide range of organisations to:
- Work within communication and image
- Support operations and supply chain
- Operate in visual merchandising
- Define a digital marketing plan
- Promote product and image brand
- Operate as Luxury and Fashion Advisor