The Master in Big Data and Management program at Luiss Business school prepares students to work effectively with complex, large-scale, real-world data and to create business value from it.
The curriculum of the Master’s Degree Programme in Big Data and Management is designed to prepare students to create analytical models and interpret them from a business-oriented perspective. It trains young professionals who wish to pursue a career as Data Scientists or Business Analysts.
Participants in the programme acquire:
- skills to collect, process, and extract value from large and diverse data sets;
- the capacity to work with different computing tools in order to address complex problems;
- the capability to understand, visualise, and communicate findings to the top management;
- the ability to create data-driven solutions that boost profits, reduce costs, and improve efficiency.
The program enables graduates to undertake career paths in a wide range of organizations including positions such as:
- Analytics Solution Architect
- Big Data Architect
- Business Analytics Manager
- Chief Data Officer
- Data Analyst
- Data Management Consultant
The Master in Big Data and Management is a 12-month programme of intensive training, designed to develop the unique skill set required for a successful career in the world of big data and business analytics.
The curriculum is designed to ensure and support the progressive professional and personal growth of the students. Students will benefit from a productive learning experience made up of lessons, case studies, group work sessions, and a high-level faculty of both academics and professionals.
During the Master, students will receive constant support from Career Service who will help them increase their employability in the labour market and aid them in the search for a curricular internship.
- Economics of Strategy
- Organization and HRM
- Business Law
- Statistics for Data Science
- Marketing Analytics
- Advanced Visualizations
- Machine Learning
- Data Science Toolkit
- Big Data Programming Models
- Python for Finance
- Programming for Data Analysis I
- Programming for Data Analysis II
- Time Series Econometrics
- Special Topics in Machine Learning
- Practical Big Data: Business Case
Learning labs focus on personal development. During the programme, students develop cross-functional and soft skills by attending sessions during which they will: cultivate intellectual flexibility; develop problem solving skills; learn to adapt in diverse situations; refine cross-cultural awareness.
The curricular internship is generally done at the end of the Master and represents an opportunity for students to combine theory and hands-on experience, coming into direct contact with professionals working in the industry. Career Services supports students in their search for internship opportunities, thus helping to broaden students’ career prospects and giving them the possibility to acquire the necessary work experience, increasing and improving their skills and expanding their business network.
- Aula internazionale
- Lezioni in lingua straniera 100%