The Energy Industry is at the center of the worldwide economic and social stage. It is a system that develops along a series of complex trade-offs. The asymmetry between how long it takes for demand and prices to move and the lag of supply is fundamental for the industry. The complexity of the sector requires a well-grounded understanding of its elements, both theoretical and practical.
This Sustainability and Energy Industry - Major of the Master in International Management at Luiss Business school focuses on the transfer of basic knowledge about the Energy industry as well as developing a thorough knowledge of the Energy ecosystem. Students will learn managerial skills and develop an understanding of the environmental and societal dimensions required to guide their actions.
The Master provides students with 60 ECTS credits. It prepares professionals for a career in the Energy industry, providing a deep understanding of:
- Building T-shaped capabilities, providing the business foundation to leverage technological expertise and become industry leaders.
- Cutting-edge financial instruments to manage energy projects.
- Emerging business models and the challenges provided by the impact of new geopolitics.
- Interaction with institutions, to gain advantage from the correct interpretation and use of the regulatory environment.
- Trends and evolutional dynamics, with a focus on renewable energy opportunities and sustainability.
Graduates undertake career paths working in multinational energy companies in positions for which managerial and engineering skills are required, such as:
- Business Development Manager
- Energy Efficiency Consultant
- Energy Investment Analyst
- Energy Project Manager
- Environmental Manager
Induction week is an introductive week in which students can settle in and familiarize themselves with life on campus. Ice-breaking labs, seminars, workshops, and presentations will be organized for the students. Students will meet their classmates and will have a better idea of the services offered, as well as the curricular and extra-curricular activities planned.
GENERAL MANAGEMENT COURSES
- Accounting & Financial Management
- Economics of Strategy
- Organization & HR Management
- Econometrics and Statistics
- Increased Efficiency, Reduced Emissions
- Managing Renewable Sources of Energy
- Market Design and the Role of Trade and Traders
- Megatrends in the Energy Ecosystem
- Oil & Gas: Industry Fundamentals Challenged by New Sources and New Geopolitics
- Technologies for Energy: Smart Grid, IoT and Smart Mobility
- Financial Acumen for Energy
- Growth Strategies and M&A in the Energy Industry
- Managing Risks in Energy Industry
- Retail Management in the Energy Market
- Understanding Institutions: Opportunities and Constraints
The Field Project is the last mandatory part of the program which represents a great opportunity for students to apply the knowledge and competences acquired during the master’s program. Students will combine theory and practice, build professional connections, gain relevant work experience, strengthen their creative and analytical skills and increase their future employability.
- Aula internazionale
- Lezioni in lingua straniera 100%