The Master’s Degree Programme in Global Health Management at Luiss Business school is a unique program aimed at young graduates motivated to become global managers within the healthcare industry. It combines theory and practice, bridges academia and industry, and integrates hard and soft skills.
The program focuses on equipping students with the required knowledge and skills to address complex and multidimensional global health challenges, enabling critical thinking in order to make professional contributions towards positive healthcare change.
The Master in Global Health Management Programme exposes students to top academic executives to provide participants with managerial technicalities and instruments to critically analyze the competitive environment from all diverse perspectives (social, cultural and economic) for both the public and private healthcare sector. The aim by doing so is to foster multidimensional views for more complete impacts in the field.
Participants of this course will gain in-depth understating and practical significance on global health challenges and trends, health system and policymaking, value chain in healthcare management, strategies of public and private global actors and key skills to manage change and drive innovation within the global health industry.
Students will learn throughout interactive lectures, live case discussions, field projects and group work, thus acquiring the tools and techniques necessary to build the skill set required for global management challenges.
The programme places students on career paths in a wide range of organisations in positions such as:
- Health Policy Analyst
- Health Policy Advisor
- Global Health Programme Manager in Public, Private, Governmental and Non-Profit Organisations.
- Global Health Consultant
- Program Developer
- International aid and development agencies
- International health organisations.
- Research and Academia.
General management courses aim to give all students the necessary business management foundations in order to better understand new concepts that will be introduced during the core and advanced courses. The general management courses provide students with an overview that is highly useful upon entering the job market.
- Financial Management
- International Economics
- Strategic Management
The core courses introduce students to industry-focused concepts that are specific to this major. These courses provide students with the key principles and skills they need to better understand their chosen sector.
- Healthcare Industry Worldwide
- Global Health Challenges
- Strategic Management and Governance in Healthcare Industry
- Performance Measurement for Healthcare systems
- R&D for the healthcare industry
- Health economics, HTA, Reimbursement & Market Access
- Quality and Operations in Healthcare Industry
- Supply Chain in Healthcare
The advanced courses provide students with an in-depth perspective on specific aspects of international business, adopting a more practical approach.
- Intellectual Property Rights in the Healthcare Industry
- Clinical and Non-Clinical KOL Management
- Marketing Strategy for Pharmaceuticals and Medical Technologies
- Lobby and Governmental Affairs in Healthcare
- Managing Change and Innovation in Healthcare
- Economic evaluation of Healthcare programs
- People management in healthcare industry