Every department in every business has experienced deep changes in the market and external environment, pushing companies to face unforeseen challenges with unpredictable ramifications. Many of the factors causing these challenges have not been integrated into the strategic planning process. Consider these points,
- 59% of executives believe the volume and complexity of risks have changed extensively and among them only 25% believe their organization has a “complete formal risk management process in place.”
- With these increasingly complex dynamics shaping the marketplace, the integration between risk management and strategy is a key priority for companies.
- Being prepared and trained to address disruptive and contingency events, to take informed strategic decisions and to ensure effective hedging solutions are important objectives for leading firms in many industries.
The major in Risk Management and Insurance develops talent with the strategic capabilities and managerial competences to implement risk analysis, assessment and management. It prepares students to make strategic decisions and create recovery plans, with a particular focus on the insurance market.
The program is designed in collaboration with MAG-JLT (what is this?) to meet the skill requirements of top companies. Graduates will undertake career paths in the risk management ecosystem working with business consulting firms, insurance and brokerage companies and risk management divisions of any company undergoing a risk evaluation process.
Potential roles are:
- Credit Risk Manager
- Financial Risk Manager
- Industrial Risk Manager
- Insurance Manager
- Market Risk Analyst
- Operational Risk Manager
The objectives of the major in Risk Management and Insurance are to help students learn how to:
- Provide a comprehensive overview of the dynamics emerging in the risk management field
- Evaluate and aggregate risk typologies to assess their cumulative impact on the organization
- Prepare the company to respond to threats and seize opportunities deriving from unexpected external events
- Diffuse and consolidate a risk culture as a fundamental strategic asset, through the development of risk norms, penetrating corporate processes and governance mechanisms at different organizational levels
- Assess and evaluate insurance needs and implement effective solutions, involving and aligning the entire organization
- Develop the capacity to protect the company Web Reputation and face reputational distress and crisis
- Extract, clean, interpret, communicate and protect information coming from complex risk data analysis
- Understand the threats of Cyber Risk and the protection methodologies expected by Cyber Law
- Master cutting-edge managerial techniques and specific cross-field competencies. Participants will develop soft skills and leadership capabilities, complemented by values such as ethics and social responsibility
Learning methods and key courses
- Top managerial education
- Combination of lectures and labs
- Field project
- Focus on Risk Management and Insurance
- Understand environmental change dynamics, assess risk typologies and diffuse risk hedging culture
The Master is aimed at recent graduates who want to integrate robust theoretical training with a strong practical knowledge of emerging trends in the risk management field. Fluency in English and high motivation are essential requirements for admission.
- La frequenza al modulo consente di accedere alla prova di esame per la “Certificazione Base di Project Management” rilasciata da ISIPM.
- Attestato di frequenza al Modulo A dell’esercizio per la professione di Responsabile o Addetto ai SPPR sulla base del D.Lgs. 81/2008, modificato ed integrato dal D.Lgs. 106/2009