As a result of the processes of European integration, European lawyers, policy-makers and managers need to be internationally oriented and culturally open in order to support the political, social and economic improvement of the European Institutions. The Master in “Careers with the European Union” (MACEU) is a one-year, practice-oriented programme that aims to prepare talented graduates to kick-start their international careers. The Programme merges academic rigor with practical relevance to offer students a unique learning experience. Through interactive lectures, live case discussions, field projects and group work, the Master equips students with frameworks, tools and techniques to build the skill set required for having the opportunity to make a difference for Europe.
These courses are thought for interdisciplinary participants and will introduce to the fundamental tools of EU legal and institutional perspectives.
Diversity in the group is an added value feature of the Programme. Participants come from different cultural backgrounds and disciplines. They are carefully selected in order to form a group with similar concerns, while maintaining a balanced mix of vision and cultures.
The internship programme lasts from 1 to 2 months, according to the choice made at the moment of the enrollment. The European Institutions will be selected, according the preferences expressed by the candidates for their personal development plan.
The candidate will be introduced to his/her Tutor in Italy, who will coach him/her during the internship programme.
Networking events and activities will be promoted to enrich the experience in Brussels, in order to meet other international young professionals.
The course programme amounts to 1.500 house overall, split into teaching, seminars and traineeship activities and are divided as follows:
- 360 hours of lectures
- 790 hours divided into:
- 590 hours of individual study
- 200 hours of tests, conferences, labs, etc. etc.
- 350 hours of traineeship
The programme is organized in 5 Modules:
- MODULE 1 – EU Institutions & Law
In the heart of Milan the first module will base the pillars of EU organisation and legislation:
- History of European Integration
- EU law
- Regulations, directives and other acts
- The EU Institutions
- The European Commission
- The EU organisation model
- Regulatory and consultancy agencies
- EU decision making processes
- EU strategies
- MODULE 2 – European Policies and Socio-Economic Horizons
In this module participants will learn the fundamentals and uniqueness of EU policy-making and socio-economic development processes, through a case-based methodology and several guest speakers.
All the courses have a deep focus on policies and socio-economic development:
- Ideas of Europe
- Integration and Governance
- Policy-making and public policy in the EU
- EU programmes
- Project management
- Political economy of the EU
- Economic integration
- Economic & social innovation
- Managing European Institutions
- MODULE 3 – Culture Immersion (Milan – Italy)
- Cross-Cultural Management
- English Language Laboratory
- French Language Course
- MODULE 4 – Internship Programme (Brussels, not compulsory)
- MODULE 5 – Project Work and Final Dissertation (Milan, Italy)
At the end of the program, participants are asked to describe their internship experience in the final project work that would be the object of the final dissertation.