The aim of the International Master in Economics and Finance (IMEF) from Ca' Foscari Challenge School is to train students to acquire a deeper and more sophisticated knowledge of the economic analysis of markets and financial institutions. The primary function of the Master is to facilitate the entry of students into the domestic and international labour market by providing them with the most recent investigation tools, at both theoretical and applied level, thus preparing specialists in the fields of the analysis of financial markets, risk management, banking and corporate finance. Courses are held in English, so as to adopt a more international approach and to encourage interaction between Italian and non-Italian students, as well as the international teaching staff.
Recruiting is favored by the organization of an internship for each student of the Master. IMEF counts on a wide range of contacts with European and Italian financial institutions who host our students for an internship period that can be interpreted as a trial period before definite employment.
What kind of careers does IMEF prepare you for?
The programme will be of particular interest and relevance to those working in, or planning to work in:
- capital markets, trading and risk management
- investment management, security analysis, and broking
- the finance function, controller’s department or treasury operations of industrial, commercial, and service organisations
- investment banking
- retail and commercial banking
- corporate finance, venture capital, and corporate restructuring
- corporate planning and consultancy, where a detailed knowledge of finance is required
- other professional organisations, such as accountancy firms, regulatory bodies, legal firms, property consultants, commodity businesses and investor relations specialists requiring an in-depth understanding of finance
- finance within the public sector and non-profit organisations, including central banks, local/national governments and international organisations
Modern financial management requires a theoretical and operational knowledge which, building on the more traditional micro and macroeconomic concepts, includes the fields of financial institutions, corporate finance, the theory of financial markets and the mathematical, statistical and computational techniques necessary for the analysis of, and forecasting from data. The Master's Programme is designed to meet these requirements in an integrated form so as to offer the students a degree, which will facilitate their entry into a rapidly expanding sector of international business.
The training activities are divided into three terms.
They involve classroom lectures, interactive classes, exercises, seminars, practical training sessions and the preparation of a final paper. Subjects are:
- Microeconomics and Stochastic Processes for Finance
- Macroeconomics for Finance
- Foundation of Corporate Finance and Banking
- Quantitative Methods for Finance
- Corporate Finance and Financial Markets Microstructure
- Asset Pricing and Derivatives
- Risk Management
- International Finance
- Climate Change and International Policies
- Economy of Risk in Insurance and Volatility Measurement
- Aula internazionale
- Docenti internazionali
- Lezioni in lingua straniera 100%
- Tirocinio formativo all’estero
- Tirocinio formativo presso aziende internazionali