In our Master in Computational Data Science, we teach you how to become a computational data scientist, i.e. a computer scientist specialised in the development of next-generation information systems.
Data science sits at the interface between computer science, mathematics, and application domains. Our study programme covers all these areas: computer science and IT methods for managing and engineering big and complex data, mathematical tools for data interpretation and analysis, artificial intelligence techniques to extract insights from data and support decision makers, and aspects of human-computer interaction. You will participate in cutting-edge research, and apply your skills to real data from actual application domains, such as business information systems, travel and tourism, bioinformatics, healthcare, internet of things, industry 4.0, agriculture, and many more.
For your final thesis you will collaborate on research projects with major industries - such as IBM, Oracle, Siemens, and with leading research institutions, such as TU Wien, TU München and Politecnico di Milano.
Typical job profiles are:
- Data Analysts that evaluate, interpret, and analyse large and complex data collections of an organisation, in order to gain new insight from data;
- Data Engineers that design, implement, deploy, and maintain software solutions for data management and analysis;
- Data Architects that design and manage complex IT infrastructures supporting the acquisition, maintenance, cleaning, sharing and integration of enterprise data.
Structure of the course
Students can choose between two curricula:
- Data Analytics focuses on data interpretation and analysis using techniques from mathematics, statistics, and machine learning, and on the development of IT applications to retrieve and explore data, extract insights from data, and visualise the obtained results.
- Data Management deals with computer science and artificial intelligence methods for the development of IT architectures and information systems supporting data modeling, access, integration, and processing, as well as the corresponding decision making and business processes.
- Aula internazionale
- Docenti internazionali
- Lezioni in lingua straniera 100%
- Tirocinio formativo all’estero
- Tirocinio formativo presso aziende internazionali