The Master in Risk Management from Università di Pisa is entirely taught in English and is meant to provide students with cutting edge theoretical and practical skills to manage the main sources of risk characterizing financial markets, insurance institutions, pension funds or business.
The novelty of the MRM is that it is inspired by an interdisciplinary approach.
This key feature is due to the evidence that globalization needs managers able to analyze risk under different points of view and suggest integrated solutions.
The graduates will be endowed with strong analytic tools and advanced methodologies for risk management, which will be taught by both prominent international academic faculty and managers from financial, insurance and business institutions.
The Master Risk Management graduates are suitable to join international business or financial institutions, pension funds and insurance companies as risk managers, both as internal auditors or as technical analysts.
After six months of classes, in which both academic faculty and professional managers will alternate, in the second term the students must elaborate a project work, either as a research work or as a report on an internship-based activity of at least three months.
Such internship, not obligatory, is an opportunity that could be provided by the MRM itself, thanks to the partners participating to its Corporate Network, or by the students themselves.
All applicants benefit from the University of Pisa’s student policy and facilities.
Scholarships are available for some of the MRM’students.
The MRM is a 12-month full time programme covering a full range of risk management topics. It will run from November 2021 to October 2022 and it will involve two types of activities:
• 50 Credits: Lectures/Business Game – to be held in Pisa.
• 10 Credits: Master Thesis. It can be either a research project or an internship-based project.
The lectures will be organised as follows:
01. Informatic tools for Risk Management
02. Stochastic process and applications in Risk Management
03. Micro and Macro for Finance and Insurance
04. Econometrics for Financial Markets (I) and Econometrics for Financial Markets (II)
05. Risk Management, Governance and Internal Control
06. Finance and Derivatives
07. Insurance Risk Evaluation and Management
08. Economics and risk mangement of pension funds
09. Credit and liquidity risk
10. Risk evaluation and reporting
- Aula internazionale
- Docenti internazionali
- Lezioni in lingua straniera 100%
- Tirocinio formativo all’estero