The European Masters Programme in Software Engineering (EMSE) is an Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree (EMJMD) completely taught in English.
EMSE is a joint coordination of four prestigious European universities:
Free University of Bozen-Bolzano (Italy)
Technische Universität Kaiserslautern (Germany)
University of Oulu (Finland)
Universidad Politécnica de Madrid (Spain)
in partnership with many other universities, companies, research centers around the world.
For each academic year, the tuition fees are EUR 6000 for Partner country students and EUR 4250 for Programme country Students.
The program offers Erasmus Mundus and Consortium two-years scholarships.
Students are prepared to become:
Software Engineer whose duties include work in the areas of user and systems requirements and analysis, software design, development, and maintenance, software process management, and maintenance of information systems, also in non-IT environments;
IT manager whose duties include the management of information systems of any level of complexity and size;
Researcher in public and private research centres or universities whose work comprises the empirical investigation of the quality of software processes and systems of any level of complexity and size.
Students will be awarded a double degree, from the universities they have attended upon the successful completion of the curriculum and fulfillment of the Masters course requirements.
Students choose two out of the four universities, spending one academic year in each of them. The EMSE program offers course on foundations and advanced topics in software engineering including but not limited to:
- software process management,
- verification and validation,
- software design,
- requirements engineering,
- software quality,
- distributed systems and development,
- global software development,
- embedded systems
- open source software & agile development
Study plans and specializations are defined by the path chosen by the student
1. A compulsory internship in the associated companies of the programme
2. A summer school with the top experts in software engineering
3. Two courses of the languages of the two countries where students choose for their learning path
4. Thesis carried out at the second university and jointly supervised and evaluated by two supervisors, one from each university visited by the students
- Aula internazionale
- Docenti internazionali
- Lezioni in lingua straniera 50%
- Tirocinio formativo all’estero
- Tirocinio formativo presso aziende internazionali