The Master in Democratic Governance is a unique programme designated to meet the needs of students, professionals and experts who want to deepen their knowledge in the field of democratic governance and human rights in the Arab world. It also aims to give practical experience needed for building up their professional career and academic activities.
Thanks to the support of the European Union and the Danish Institute for Human Rights, the European Inter-University Centre for Human Rights and Democratisation (EIUC) launches the third edition of the Master in Democratic Governance in partnership with the following universities:
- International University of Rabat (Morocco),
- Birzeit University (Palestine),
- Saint Joseph University (Lebanon),
- Ca’ Foscari University (Italy)
- University of Carthage (Tunisia)
and a growing network of partner Universities.
The Master in Democratic Governance has been made possible by the support of the European Union and the support of the Danish Institute for Human Rights.
It has been shaped and will be taught by high level academics, experts and practitioners from different area studies.
It targets candidates (students and professionals) with a wide range of disciplinary backgrounds, experiences and motivations and will offer a multidisciplinary courses of study.
Range of high level academics, experts, officials from a variety of institutions and organisations.
Combination of theory and practice.
Transnational Mobility of students: first semester in Venice, Italy, and then second semester in one of the following universities: Birzeit University (Palestine), Saint Joseph University (Lebanon), International University of Rabat (Morocco).
Possibility to do internships in leading organisations and centres.
A unique learning and human experience for all those involved (students, professionals and faculty) to develop long-term bonds and networks with each other.
The Master in Democratic Governance is:
- An intensive advanced course in the field of democracy and human rights;
- Professional Master’s Degree (60 ECTS) from Ca’ Foscari University in cooperation with the other partner Universities;
- An intensive learning combined with an action and policy-oriented approach;
- Comprised of two semesters: one in Venice and the other in a participating University;
- A supervised Master’s thesis in one of the partner universities;
- The foundation for a successful career on national, international, and non-governmental levels
This Specialist Master's Programme is intended for professionals and graduates in economics, law, political and social disciplines wishing to improve their knowledge and skills in the field of democratic governance and human rights in the Arab countries in order to work as experts in public and private administrations and institutions, regional and national authorities, international bodies, governmental and non-governmental organizations operating in areas relevant to the course.
Participants will acquire analytical skills and multidisciplinary competencies allowing them to manage complex and rapidly evolving systems, like those found in companies and institutions in North Africa and the Middle East.
The programme consists of two semesters:
- 1st semester: from late mid-September 2016 to January 2017 in Venice-Lido, Italy
- 2nd semester: from February to July 2017 in one of the partner universities
The programme consists of two semesters: I semester: from mid/late September 2016 until January 2017 in Venice-Lido, Italy II semester: from February to May 2017 in one of the partner universities
- Aula internazionale
- Docenti internazionali
- Lezioni in lingua straniera 100%
- Tirocinio formativo all’estero
- Tirocinio formativo presso aziende internazionali
- Frequenza del master presso sedi estere
- Rilascio di titoli di studio esteri