With English being the global language it is, the provision of quality training for professional development becomes a must.
In response to the growing demand in Europe and Latin America, as well as in the rest of the world, for improvement in the quality and effectiveness of English language teaching, a programme in Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) has been created.
The type of training is thus developed to complement professional practice with contemporary knowledge and insights, and to encourage the learner’s autonomy as well.
The overall objective of the programme TEFL is to provide a base for the development of the academic and professional skills required to teach English in any of the various teaching-learning contexts that exist. The aim thus being to complement professional practice with contemporary knowledge and insights, concerning the nature of foreign language learning and teaching, and to develop the perceptions, knowledge, resources and practical skills necessary to build on this theoretical base.
The promotion of critical reflection is one of the aspects, which define the very nature of the project, and bridges the gap between a solid theoretical knowledge and its required practical application.
- To provide a comprehensive understanding of the English teacher's work and to help develop strategies for dealing with major aspects of this work, as much as possible within the context of your own current or anticipated work situation.
- To acquaint you with current approaches to the study of language that are relevant to the field of English language teaching and to help you develop, in the context of these approaches, a deeper understanding of and sensitivity to the nature of language, language use and language development.
- To emphasize individual professional growth and to enable you to pursue in greater depth new aspects of English language teaching that are of particular interest, concern or relevance to you personally.
- To provide students with the necessary support to be able to carry out action research in an autonomous manner and, as a result, promote professional development.
In this way the programme's practical focus encourages you to:
- Reflect on and interpret the relation between theory and practice.
- Adapt new ideas and strategies to your own classroom situation.
- Test and appraise new teaching techniques in your own classrooms.
- Apply your analytical skills to specific problems or issues.
- Demonstrate your capacity to review and criticise current relevant literature and research within ELT.
- Assess the advantages and disadvantages of particular strategies and programmes, which are characteristic of current practice.
- Apply the knowledge and skills gained in the programme in a continuing process of improving your own teaching and your students' learning.
A guiding principle of the programme is that the participating English teachers are viewed as professional practitioners who through the course are involved in a process of professional development that is directly related to, and located in, their current work situation.
The programme has this structure:
1. Methodological approaches
2. Classroom management - techniques and reflections on practice
3. Second language acquisition
4. Individual factors in the learner's development
5. Approaches to Language in the Classroom Context
6. Materials and resources in EFL - design, creation, adaptation and evaluation
1. Developing Language Skills in the Classroom 4 ECTS
2. English in the Community 4 ECTS
3. Teaching Pronunciation 4 ECTS
4. Content & Language Integrated Learning 4 ECTS
5. Curriculum and Course Design-Principles and Practice 4 ECTS
6. Observation and Research in the Language Classroom 4 ECTS
7. Assessment and Testing in the Classroom 4 ECTS
8. Computer Assisted Language Learning 4 ECTS
9. Teaching English through Translation 4 ECTS
10. Task and Projects 4 ECTS
11. Learning Strategies 4 ECTS
PRACTICUM 6 ECTS
FINAL PROJECT 10 ECTS
Total: 60 ECTS
The regular length of the programme is 25 months.
- Aula internazionale
- Docenti internazionali
- Lezioni in lingua straniera 100%
- Rilascio di titoli di studio esteri